Activism & Engagement Officer
(Full-time, one-year fixed term contract, £32,602 pa)
Jubilee Debt Campaign is looking for a highly driven, creative and inspiring organiser committed to empowerment and movement-building for economic justice to co-coordinate our joint Economic Justice Project and to help strengthen activism, mobilisation and public engagement around our priority campaigns.
As our new Activism & Engagement Officer you will be responsible for two key areas of work:
1. Coordination, development and implementation of the Economic Justice Project, a joint initiative between Jubilee Debt Campaign and People & Planet which delivers holistic and empowering education, training, and network-building focused on the root causes of social, economic and environmental justice, and supports the growth of a broad-based democratic movement calling for a just and sustainable economic system.
2. Leading Jubilee Debt Campaign’s work to strengthen activism, mobilisation and public engagement around our campaigns, including helping to grow our base of individual supporters and strengthen our work with them and with the local organisers and multipliers in our local groups network.
This is a full-time position but we will consider applications from individuals who are interested in undertaking the post as a job share.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25 January, 9am
Interviews: Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 February
- Job profile – Activism & Engagement Officer
- Application form – Activism & Engagement Officer
- Equal opportunities form
- Information for applicants
Please submit your completed application form and equal opportunities form to [email protected] by 9am on Monday 25 January 2016.
General Office Assistance
Jubilee Debt Campaign greatly appreciates the help provided by volunteers in our office in central London. If you’ve got some spare time, you could make a big difference to our work by helping with routine office tasks such as data entry and preparation of mailings. We don’t expect this to suit people who are looking for a route into paid work in the development sector, but rather JDC supporters who want to offer practical (and much-appreciated) support to the campaign.
Volunteers at JDC receive expenses to cover the cost of travel and lunch.
If you think you can help, please send your CV along with details of 2 referees to Matt Gardner, our Administration and Finance Officer. Applicants to volunteer in the office should also indicate their proposed time commitment (which days of the week they are available, how long they can commit to helping in the office). Please send to [email protected] or post to Jubilee Debt Campaign, The Grayston Centre, 28 Charles Square, London N1 6HT.